Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering






















Here are two Sympathy cards I had to make this summer for families that lost their boys to soon. Both of them were just starting on the road to their future.


The brown card was for my husband's cousin. I used the fence border from Cricut cart. "Straight from the nest" (p. 74) . The flowers are stickers. The stamp is from "Hero Arts"


The Yellow card and envelop was for a friend and family. This card was inspired by a shirt I had seen him wear when we first met the family. I was honored to make this card for them.


The envelop is a print of the picture I had taken of the shirt. I enlarged it and printed it out and cut the envelop out.

The card was made to fit an A2 envelop. It is a white base. Tan layer and the the yellow layer was embossed with Cuttlebug folder "Floral Screen" ( this was the closest I had to the background of the shirt) and inked with Colorbox "Dune" ink. The black floral cuts are from Cricut cart. "Life's a beach".


While it was sad to make these cards I was honored to make these special for these families.


Thanks for stopping by.

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment